Some tips when it comes to celebrating Mother’s Day and Father’s Day include:
- Buy a card from your children for their mom/dad and have them fill it out and bring it with them on that special day.
- Plan those weekends out ahead of time so there is no angst or surprises on those holidays.
- Offer for your children to spend the entire weekend with that parent celebrating instead of just a Sunday.
- If a conflict arises and your children can’t be with you on your special day, just pick a different day and celebrate!
- Split the day with their stepmother/stepfather if your ex-spouse is remarried-this is a hard one but a great way to show kindness & acceptance for all who care for your children.
Handling these holidays with your children in mind, will go a long way and set the tone for how future milestones will be handled.
If you are contemplating divorce here in South Florida or have any questions about your current parenting plan in place, please reach out to me to set up your complimentary strategy session. We will work with you to customize the best plan for you, your family, and your divorce.
Happy Mother’s Day!
Board Certified Marital & Family Attorney, Life Coach
Want to receive our Monday Message email? Sign up here: https://lnkd.in/eBHk-34